Friday, September 10, 2010

Joy and Frustration

I've decided that for the next few months, I will only pick up ONE extra shift per week. No more! I've been picking up every shift I can so we can save up money. But that really wasn't bright! I'm behind on housework, and more importantly, I miss having all day to spend with my son.
I am very glad that I was at work yesterday, however, as I had a great spirit-lifting moment. On Thursdays, we take the residents to a church service especially for adults with special needs, called People of Praise. It is wonderful and the staff love going as much as the residents! Now, lately I've been feeling frustrated with some things having to do with our adoption. But as I was sitting at People of Praise, I looked around and saw dozens of adults worshiping the Lord. Dancing, singing, praising in whatever way they were able. There's always a few that make there way up to the stage, too! And I thought, This is why we're fighting for our children. International adoption is not easy. It's costly, and you have to deal with different countries' (at times difficult) governments and laws. But it's worth it. We bring our kids home where they not only have a family who loves them, but a chance to learn and be healthy. And, a chance to freely worship with others just like themselves, surrounded by staff and volunteers who CARE about them. Isn't that great? I felt much more at peace after that, and today, some of the things that were frustrating me were resolved! Hurrah!
When we met with our adoption worker, she really seemed to have a negative attitude towards our adoption. I don't know if it was just my perception, or if she was having a bad day, or what. She said she'd email us later that day (she had to sign a form for us), but she didn't until I checked in a few days later. At that point, she said she'd follow up with us on Tuesday, which she didn't. (By the way, I am really starting to dread long weekends!) After I emailed her again, all of a sudden her attitude was completely different! It's hard to tell through email of course, but it seems to be much better. Of course, it could be MY attitude that's better, but what's the likelihood of that?? Ha!
I've also been really frustrated with Ukraine's shutting down for a few months. It seems so easy on paper - homestudy down by the end of September, USCIS approval done in 30 days (HA) and submit dossier by November. Sadly, that's just not going to happen. But, it's all right, our time will come.
This last week I have learned so much about LittleKid's country, his region, and even his orphanage. I've seen pictures of his area, and even learned more about Joshua - like, he laughs! Isn't that great, my boy laughs! It's such a small thing, but it brought me so much joy. I have connected with families who were praying for LittleKid before we even knew he existed! How awesome is God? That He would have people praying for our boy, while we were praying for God to sure us which one is OURS! I'm just in awe. So overall it's been a pretty great week, even with the frustration. It seems to just be part of the adoption process!


I was planning to write about Brennan too, but I am WAY to tired. So stay tuned for cute Brennan updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment