Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Guess who's on the "My Family Found Me" Page?

It's LittleKid!

We had our first homestudy appointment today and sent in the paperwork for our commitment to JOSHUA! He's such a darling little boy with down syndrome. He's a three year old who desperately needs heart surgery, has the cutest little cheeks, and he's tiny! "Joshua" isn't his real name, but we're not really sure what we'll name him yet. We might just keep it Joshua! He won't be home until next spring.
I am SO excited about this new adventure in our lives. I am so blessed to find people like me - people who care so much about these little children in need that they mourn those who are lost and rejoice when a child finds a family - a child they've never even met. In the last few months, I've seen many children blessed with families, and it's wonderful! But there are so many more who need a mom and dad. Many of these children will be sent to institutions where they will spend the rest of their short lives lying in cribs, starving, with NO ONE to hold them, sing to them, or tell them that they are loved. Please consider adoption (ask me how!) or, if that's not for your family, consider sponsoring a family or a child. Reece's Rainbow gives in so many ways, and you can too.
*steps off soap box*

That's not really where I intended to go - so now we'll move to my other favorite topic - Brennan!


 Brennan has a new love. It's plastic, greenish yellow, and squeaks.
Yep, it's a hammer.
He carries it with him everywhere! Grandma's house, Target, everywhere! He crawls with it, stands up with it, cruises with it. Oh, and hits Mama with it! I have no idea what made him so attached to this hammer, but if you try and take it away from him, watch out!
Brennan is taking more steps now! He takes a few steps between two people. It's mostly falling with style. But there's been times where he'll get three solid steps in before crashing! And yet, he still can't stand! Actually, I'm not really sure how well he can stand, because he just. won't. do it! Brennan's getting to be such a little smarty pants. He's figuring things out pretty quickly these days. I love to watch him complete simple tasks and marvel at human development. Really, it's amazing to me that this baby, who 11 months ago couldn't even eat or breathe on his own, can now crawl, walk around tables, and pick up little pieces of bread and eat them. In another year, he'll be doing so much more. I really love kids :).

No comments:

Post a Comment